Futuri Media creates audience engagement and sales intelligence technology solutions in use at more than 1,400 radio and TV broadcasters worldwide. Holding 11 published or pending patents, Futuri is an ROI-focused innovation partner to some of the biggest media brands in the world, and has earned a place on the Inc. 5000 List of America’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies for five consecutive years.
Having tripled the size of the company to 100 over the last three years, Futuri, which has twice been named Tech Company of the Year by OHTec, seeks a Senior Accounting Manager to be based out of our Seven Hills, Ohio, headquarters.
The Senior Accounting Manager will manage financial accounting activities to ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), corporate policies and external audits. The Senior Accounting Manager will report to and work closely with the Senior Vice President of Finance.
The ideal candidate possesses leadership capabilities, solid operational and technical accounting background and works proactively to drive results. This person is a self-starter, flexible, has a high level of integrity and is action and goal-oriented in a fast-paced, team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Manage financial accounting activities and functions to ensure accurate and timely closing processes and financial reporting.
- Oversee the financial close process, including ensuring all revenue and expenses incurred are properly recorded; reviewing and approving journal entries, balance sheet account reconciliations and report preparation for final review with SVP Finance.
- Review and approve all reconciliations monthly and journal entries regularly to ensure that they are prepared properly and posted timely.
- Oversee Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and General Ledger functions.
- Initiates cash and wire disbursement functions for approval by SVP Finance.
- Works with SVP Finance on budget and forecasting activities regularly.
- Manage compilation of information for the Company’s annual tax returns.
- Execute annual financial audit.
- Participate in the ongoing development of accounting policies and procedures and operational strategies, including the review and implementation of process and system changes.
- Maintain internal control safeguards for all financial transactions.
- Collaborate with SVP Finance on improving efficiencies and systems.
- Oversee and support accounting team members with dynamic leadership that creates an environment of trust and productivity.
SKILLS and QUALIFICATIONS:
- Strong proficiency in Excel, reporting capabilities, ERP skills and systems thinking
- Excellent analytical skills and problem solving ability
- Must possess strong communication skills
- Capable of operating in a fast paced environment, able to handle pressure well, be self motivated and detail oriented
- Must be organized, have a high attention to detail and be team oriented
- Infallible integrity and ethical standards
- Hands on, roll up the sleeves, can-do attitude
- Works well independently and within a team
- Strategic mindset
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration and/or 5+ years relevant experience
- Proven leadership skills are essential, the ability to develop and lead others is critical
The successful candidate will possess all required skills, but also be a good fit for Futuri Media’s culture. It’s a fun place to work and a very team-oriented culture. We value and support a sensible work-life balance for our team members, but this isn’t a typical 9 to 5 gig; we work hard and bring a lot of passion to our mission to shape the future of media! Proactivity and the ability to pivot are highly valued.
The Futuri culture is all about trust, passion, speed, and proactivity. Futuri Media can be a great place for you if you share these values.
Futuri provides competitive compensation (commensurate with experience), excellent benefits including health and dental insurance, a generous PTO policy, a 401(k) retirement plan with company match, and free monthly massages! Futuri Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information on careers at Futuri Media, please visit futurimedia.com/jobs
Futuri Media LLC
Company Website: futurimedia.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)