Futuri Media creates audience engagement and sales intelligence technology solutions in use at more than 1,400 radio and TV broadcasters worldwide. Holding 11 published or pending patents, Futuri is an ROI-focused innovation partner to some of the biggest media brands in the world, and has earned a place on the Inc. 5000 List of America’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies for five consecutive years.
Having tripled the size of the company to 100 over the last three years, Futuri, which has twice been named Tech Company of the Year by OHTec, seeks a Senior Web Application Developer to be based out of our Seven Hills, Ohio, headquarters.
The Senior Web Application Developer must be able to work on numerous products throughout several stages of development. In this role, the Senior Web Application Developer will work collaboratively on a fast-paced team to deploy, operate our systems, and bring solutions to resolve issues. They are committed to follow-through and on-time delivery of organizational initiatives (including deploys, server maintenance, integrations/upgrades, environmental architecture and builds).
The Senior Web Application Developer is knowledgeable of new technologies and is willing to research and implement new strategies, while maintaining a right-sized ecosystem in a cost effective manner.
- Participate in the entire application life cycle, focusing on coding and debugging.
- Oversee bi-weekly code deploys to ensure timeliness, solutions to bugs, satisfying error-free enhancements.
- Oversee code running on our object-oriented PHP-based web application and core classes.
- Proactively prioritize multiple, concurrent projects in different stages of development, as determined by OM/Product DEV.
- Take ownership as the technical lead on any new development projects as designated by OM/Product DEV.
- Provide specific requirements to leadership in order to scope projects.
- Help improve our code quality through writing unit tests, automation and performing code reviews.
- Work with the product and design teams to understand end-user requirements, formulate use cases, and translate into a pragmatic and effective technical solution.
- Dive into difficult problems and successfully deliver results on schedule
- Willingness to put in extra time if needed.
- Demonstrate the initiative to hit deadlines and deliverables.
- Research, advise and assist implementation of new strategies.
- Prefer a Bachelor’s degree (BS or BA) from four-year college or university; or 3+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2+ years experience with automated build tools and processes.
- 2+ years experience working with relational database systems (we use MySQL primarily)
- 2+ years experience working with NoSQL databases (we use Redis and MongoDB among others)
- 2+ years experience working with external APIs from (example: Facebook, Twitter, and/or other search and social media platforms)
- Familiarity with Node.js, Bootstrap, Cordova, Cake, and Laravel
- Familiarity with version control systems, Git preferred
- Enjoys the challenge of problem solving and diving into a legacy codebase
- Knowledge of implementing automated testing/QA processes is a plus
- Mobile development experience is a plus
- An ability to be empathetic, client-focused, and positive
- A passion for and knowledge of media (radio and/or local TV) a major plus
- Experience in developing or working with APIs for third party integrations, a plus
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
The successful candidate will possess all required skills, but also be a good fit for Futuri Media’s culture. It’s a fun place to work and a very team-oriented culture. We value and support a sensible work-life balance for our team members, but this isn’t a typical 9 to 5 gig; we work hard and bring a lot of passion to our mission to shape the future of media! Proactivity and the ability to pivot are highly valued.
The Futuri culture is all about trust, passion, speed, and proactivity. Futuri Media can be a great place for you if you share these values.
Futuri provides competitive compensation (commensurate with experience), excellent benefits including health and dental insurance, a generous PTO policy, a 401(k) retirement plan with company match, and free monthly massages! Futuri Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information on careers at Futuri Media, please visit futurimedia.com/jobs
Futuri Media LLC
Company Website: futurimedia.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)